In All The Way (S6 E6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Dawn ducks out of Xander’s and Anya’s engagement party on Halloween and puts herself in peril. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) who the protagonist is – Dawn, Buffy, someone else? (2) which is the main plot: Tara/Willow, Xander/Anya, Dawn's adventure, Buffy's struggles? (3) are all these story lines subplots, partial season arcs, or both? (4) when misdirection and subverting expectations works best; and (5) how not knowing what characters think undermines the emotional power of a story.
Last Episode: Life Serial S6 E5
Next Up: Once More With Feeling S6 E7
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Listen to bonus episodes and support the podcast by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get the latest Q.C. Davis Mystery The Hidden Man
- Check out self-study online course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee to hear bonus episode Gods, Guilt, and the Weight of the World
- Read Buffy and the Art of Story Books
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.