In Normal Again (S6 E17 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Buffy hallucinates that she’s in a psychiatric facility and her parents are still alive. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) why a kind, compassionate character can make a scene more chilling; (2) conveying exposition the characters already know; (3) how to add new backstory to an old timeline; (4) can your plot be strong without a clear single midpoint moment?
Last Episode: Hell's Bells
Next Episode: Entropy
- Read Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Get more content while supporting the podcast by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Check Out Mini-Courses On Finding And Choosing Ideas For Your Novel
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.