In Tough Love (Buffy the Vampire Slayer S5 E19), Tara and Willow have their first fight, Buffy struggles to deal with Dawn, and Glory believes she’s found the key and attacks. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) scenes that build suspense but still play fair by cutting just before a key moment; (2) whether the last scene where Glory confronts Buffy serves as a climax, game changer, or cliff hanger; and (3) how Tough Love changes when viewed as a complete story versus Part 1 of 2.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Intervention, S5 E18
Next Up: Spiral, S5 E20
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Novel at Writing As A Second Career
- Click here to learn more about the online course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
Support Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast
- Become a patron and access bonus episodes
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee and enjoy a very Buffy holiday episode
More Links From Tough Love
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.