This week on Buffy and the Art of Story – Who Are You? (Season 4 Episode 16 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Faith and Buffy literally walk in one another's shoes. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) Faith as both protagonist and antagonist; (2) the way the Adam season arc weaves into and turns the main plot; (3) external obstacles that show Faith's inner conflict; and (4) how two three beats convey theme, show characters evolving, and move the story.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: This Year's Girl S4 E15
Next Up: Five by Five (an Angel crossover episode)
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- More Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season Two Part 1: Threats, Lies, and Surprises in Episodes 1-11
- Free novels (ebook editions) from Lisa M. Lilly
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Release schedule for the rest of the Season 4 episodes
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.