This week on Buffy and the Art of Story –Homecoming (Season 3 Episode 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer). This podcast episode talks about:
(1) How Buffy’s competition with Cordelia interweaves with the action plot
(2) Unspoken conflicts that ratchet up tension
(3) Key scenes and dialogue lines that develop relationships
(4) Mr. Trick as a villain
As always, the discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Beauty and the Beasts
Next Up: Band Candy
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year can help (available in ebook or workbook form and as an audiobook on Kobo).
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
- DVD Complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer Box Set
- Book 1 in The Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series by Lisa M. Lilly free for Kindle, Kobo, Nook, GooglePlay, and AppleBooks.
- Or download and listen from Audible.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site. But that doesn’t change the purchase price to you as the buyer or influence my love for the Buffy DVDs and all things Buffy.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series and the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. She also writes non-fiction, including books on writing craft, under L.M. Lilly. She is the founder of WritingAsASecondCareer.com.
Episode Transcript for Homecoming
Coming Soon. (I promise, as Buffy might say.)