This week on Buffy and the Art of Story, Faith's story continues on Five by Five (Season 1 Episode 18 of Angel), a Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel crossover where an evil law firm hires Faith to kill Angel. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) Creating a sympathetic villain; (2) Flashbacks that might not be necessary but convey theme; (3) Using conflict to reveal backstory; and (4) An organization – Wolfram & Hart – as antagonist.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Who Are You?
Next Up: Sanctuary
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Become a patron to access to bonus episodes and content
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Q.C. Davis Mysteries Box Set of Books 1-3
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season Two Part 1: Threats, Lies, and Surprises in Episodes 1-11
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Release schedule for the rest of the Season 4 episodes
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? First-in-series free from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.