This week on Buffy and the Art of Story – Graduation Day Part 2 (Season 3 Episode 22 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Buffy fights her last high school battle. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) how character actions convey emotions and move the story; (2) costuming choices that reflect character growth; (3) strong foreshadowing; (4) a pyrrhic ending; and (5) the season arc and theme.
As always, the discussion of Buffy the Vampire Slayer is spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Next Up: Season 3 Round Up
Last Episode: Graduation Day Part 1
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- For your creative student or child: How To Write A Novel, Grades 6-8
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, workbook, or audiobook form).
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- DVD Complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer Box Set
- Book 1 in The Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series by Lisa M. Lilly free for Kindle, Kobo, Nook, GooglePlay, and AppleBooks.
- Or download and listen from Audible.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.
Episode Transcript for Graduation Day Part 2
Coming Soon. (I promise, as Buffy might say.)