This week on Buffy and the Art of Story – Graduation Day Part 1 (Season 3 Episode 21 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Faith poisons Angel and Buffy prepares to fight the Mayor, including:
(1) the way the theme (of what graduation means for each character) is woven into this fast-paced story;
(2) callbacks to previous episodes that make this almost like part 1 of a series finale;
(3) the interplay of key episode plot turns with the major plot twists for 2-episode finale;
and (4) moments for one character that reflect other character's stories.
Next Up: Graduation Day Part 2
Last Episode: The Prom
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- For your creative student or child: How To Write A Novel, Grades 6-8
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, workbook, or audiobook form).
- Creating Compelling Characters From The Inside Out
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- DVD Complete Buffy the Vampire Slayer Box Set
- Book 1 in The Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series by Lisa M. Lilly free for Kindle, Kobo, Nook, GooglePlay, and AppleBooks.
- Or download and listen from Audible.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.