The Buffy and the Art of Story podcast looks at story elements in No Place Like Home (Season 5 Episode 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Buffy strives to learn what's making her mother ill, confronts Dawn, and faces a new foe.
This podcast episode recaps No Place Like Home, focusing on:
(1) making life harder and harder (and harder) for the protagonist; (2) climax questions that reveal plot; (3) how to write an ephemeral antagonist; and (4) anger management as a theme.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Bonus Spike Subplot Episode
Next Up: Family (S5 E6)
Support Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season Two Part 2: Episodes 12-22 – How to Write About Love, Pyrrhic Victory, and Betrayal
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season Two Part 1: Threats, Lies, and Surprises in Episodes 1-11
- Release schedule for the upcoming episodes
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.