This week on Buffy and the Art of Story – Something Blue (Season 4 Episode 9 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Willow’s spell endangers all her friends and Buffy gets engaged to Spike. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) which plot is the main plot – Willow dealing with her grief or Buffy trying to get information from Spike; (2) what makes a character a protagonist; (3) ways Something Blue is similar to Beer Bad; and (4) themes of romance and grief.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Next Up: Hush S4 E10
Last Episode: I Will Remember You (Angel S1 E8 and Buffy crossover)
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
- Creating Compelling Characters From The Inside Out (workbook or ebook)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season One: Writing Better Fiction by Watching Buffy
- Buffy and the Art of Story Season Two Part 1: Threats, Lies, and Surprises in Episodes 1-11
- Free novels (ebook editions) from Lisa M. Lilly
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Release schedule for the rest of the Season 4 episodes
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.