In Bargaining Part 1 (S6 E1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Buffy’s friends struggle to deal with her death—and to bring her back to life. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) conflicts that bring the audience into the brand new world without Buffy; (2) story questions that keep viewers on edge; (3) actions that show characters’ emotions in powerful ways; and (4) protagonist and pacing issues because Bargaining: Part 1 includes so many viewpoints and covers so much ground.
Last Episode: 3 Women Talk Buffy Season 5
Next Up: Bargaining Part 2, S6 E2
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Listen to bonus episodes by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Check out self-study online course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee to hear bonus episode Gods, Guilt, and the Weight of the World
- Read Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Visit Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.