In Blood Ties (Buffy the Vampire Slayer S5 E13), Dawn learns the truth about her origins, no one keeps Spike in the loop, and Buffy faces Glory. Along with the breakdown of Blood Ties, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) how Blood Ties tells a fast, gripping story despite that Buffy and Glory don’t face off until the end; (2) the way Dawn’s arc deftly weaves subplot points and turns into the main plot; (3) story questions that keep viewers tuning in even after reveals about Dawn and Glory; and (4) creating a full and compelling story that stands alone and sets up the rest of the season without feeling complicated or busy.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Checkpoint S5 E12
Next Up: I Was Made To Love You S5 E14
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft (online course)
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Novel at Writing As A Second Career
Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast Bonuses
- Become a patron to listen to episodes early and get bonus content
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee
More From Lisa M. Lilly
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story and being a huge fan of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and a story coach, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.