In Checkpoint (Buffy the Vampire Slayer S5 E12), the Watchers Council refuses to help Buffy defeat Glory unless she endures its grueling review. Along with the episode recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) unevenly placed major plot turns in Checkpoint that throw off the pace; (2) subtle character and dialogue choices that tell the story of the Watcher’s Council and the theme of power; (3) using minor conflict to reveal exposition and set up later scenes; and (4) the ways Checkpoint turns the Season 5 story arc.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Triangle S5 E11
Next Up: Blood Ties S5 E13
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Novel at Writing As A Second Career
Support Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.