In Doublemeat Palace (S6 E12 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Buffy gets a job and Willow struggles when Amy gives her magic as a gift. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) how to create a fair fight between a villain and a superstrong protagonist; (2) layered dialogue (like Hallie’s and Anya’s) that reads differently each time you hear it; (3) when it’s okay for someone else to save your hero; (4) writing a subplot with strong, clear plot turns; and (5) why realism matters most when you’re writing fantasy or humor.
Last Episode: Gone
Next Episode: Dead Things
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Support the podcast and get bonus episodes by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Read Buffy and the Art of Story Books
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.