In Forever (Buffy the Vampire Slayer S5 E17), Angel returns and Dawn tries to resurrect her mother. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) why Forever feels like a one-off but moves the season arc in so many ways; (2) real, genuine conflict between Tara and Willow arising from their values and foreshadowing Season 6; (3) how Buffy’s fears of being vulnerable drive Dawn to take desperate action and fuel a Buffy vs. Buffy subplot; and (4) characters who push against Dawn and stand in for a thematic antagonist – grief.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: The Body S5 E16
Next Up: Intervention S5 E17
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Novel at Writing As A Second Career
Support Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast
- Become a patron and access bonus episodes
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee and enjoy a very Buffy holiday episode
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
More Links From Forever
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting Forever and other podcast episodes of Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.