In The Body (Buffy the Vampire Slayer S5 E16), Buffy and friends deal with Joyce’s death. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) the group as protagonist and death as antagonist (2) storytelling through physicality, sounds, and lighting (3) whether The Body lacks metaphor or is entirely a metaphor (4) how and why The Body changes on rewatching and more.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: I Was Made To Love You S5 E15
Next Up: Forever S5 E17
Work On Your Story
- Get your free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- More Help With Your Novel at Writing As A Second Career
Get More Of The Buffy And The Art Of Story Podcast
- Become a patron and access bonus episodes
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee and enjoy a very Buffy holiday episode
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- The Complete Awakening Supernatural Thriller Series ebook box set
- Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.