In Once More With Feeling (S6 E7 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Sunnydale bursts into song, Spike and Buffy are drawn together, and Dawn is once again in peril in the Buffy musical episode. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) how a tight plot structure, including subplots, gives Once More With Feeling emotional power; (2) escalating conflict that keeps the story moving; (3) whether misdirects about Xander and Dawn play fair with the audience; (4) why it might not matter who summoned the demon; and (5) why subverting expectations works so well here.
Last Episode: All The Way S6 E6
Next Up: Tabula Rasa S6 E8
- Check out the course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Support the podcast and get bonus episodes by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee
- Read Buffy and the Art of Story Books
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.