This time on Buffy and the Art of Story, Real Me (S5 E2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Dawn and Buffy clash and Harmony returns. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) Starting in media res – in this case in the middle of Dawn's world; (2) Who is the protagonist – Dawn or Buffy? (3) Creating suspense by holding back from the audience; and (4) A little sister who's young for her age.
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Buffy vs Dracula (S5 E1)
Next Up: The Replacement (S5 E3)
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
Support The Podcast
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Book editions of Buffy and the Art of Story (print and ebook)
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.