This time on Buffy and the Art of Story, Buffy vs Dracula (Season 5 Episode 1 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), where Buffy faces off against the famous count. This podcast episode looks at:
(1) Buffy as both protagonist and damsel in distress; (2) major plot turns that affect the pace; (3) how Buffy vs Dracula resets the series for the new season; and (4) gamechangers versus cliffhangers (with the gamechanger of all gamechangers at the episode end).
Spoiler-free, except at the end (with plenty of warning).
Last Episode: Bonus – Giles & Buffy (A New Man and The Dark Age)
Next Up: Real Me (S5 E2)
Support The Podcast
- Become a patron and access to bonus episodes and content
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee
Work On Your Story
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year in ebook, audiobook, or workbook form
- Help With Your Story at Writing As A Second Career
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of all things Buffy.
- Marti Noxon interview about Buffy vs Dracula
- Book editions of Buffy and the Art of Story (print and ebook)
- Lisa M. Lilly's Audiobooks
- Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
- Like supernatural thrillers or private investigator novels with smart, strong female protagonists? Free ebooks from Lisa M. Lilly
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the podcast Buffy and the Art of Story, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series. She also wrote the Q.C. Davis mysteries, as well as numerous short stories. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.