In The Weight Of The World (S5 E21 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Willow uses magic to reach a catatonic Buffy while the gang hunts for Dawn, who’s been captured by Glory. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) conflict between Buffy’s friends that brings the audience up to speed; (2) a powerful main plot entirely in Buffy’s mind; (3) Glory and Dawn show what works best – showing or telling exposition, emotion, and character; and (4) it’s all about guilt – Ben’s, Glory’s, and most important, Buffy’s.
Last Episode: Spiral S5 E20
Next Up: The Gift, S5 E22
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Listen to bonus episodes by becoming a patron
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Check out self-study online course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee to hear bonus episode Gods, Guilt, and the Weight of the World
- Get the Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Visit the Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.