In The Gift (S5 E22 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Buffy faces off with Glory for the last time and Dawn’s life—and the fate of the world—hang in the balance. Along with the recap, this podcast episode focuses on:
(1) call backs that make The Gift a satisfying finale; (2) multiple series themes woven into Buffy’s struggle to save Dawn and the world; (3) exposition, conflict, and foreshadowing that fit the story and don’t slow the pace; (4) an unexpected climax that’s not between Glory and Buffy; and (5) the ultimate Pyrrhic victory, where Buffy prevails at an unbearable cost.
Last Episode: The Weight Of The World
- Download free Story Structure worksheets
- Listen to bonus episodes by becoming a patron
- Vulture Article on The Gift
- Kobo Writing Life Podcast: The Art of Story with Lisa M. Lilly
- Get Super Simple Story Structure: A Quick Guide to Plotting And Writing Your Novel (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Get The One-Year Novelist: A Week-By-Week Guide To Writing Your Novel In One Year (ebook, audiobook, or workbook)
- Check out self-study online course How To Plot Your Novel: From Idea To First Draft
- Make a one-time donation at Buy Me A Coffee to hear bonus episode Gods, Guilt, and the Weight of the World
- Get the Buffy and the Art of Story Books
- Visit the Buffy and the Art of Story Facebook Page
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases made through this site, but that doesn’t change the purchase price to you or influence my love of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
About Lisa M. Lilly
In addition to hosting the Buffy and the Art of Story podcast, Lisa M. Lilly is the author of the bestselling four-book Awakening supernatural thriller series as well as numerous short stories. She is currently writing the latest novel in her Q.C. Davis mysteries. Her non-fiction includes books on writing craft under L. M. Lilly. She also founded WritingAsASecondCareer.com.